1. We are very excited to announce that, for the first time, the Tybee Island Sea Kayak Races have a title sponsor - FORTUNE RECYCLING!!!! Huge thanks to owner, Tina Gann, for her generous support of the kayak race and for her dedication to supporting many of the events and projects of the Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
2. We are also excited to announce the return of the drawing for a kayak (Perception Sound Sport) and paddle donated by Halfmoon Outfitters. There are a variety of ways to get tickets to the drawing which will occur during the Awards ceremony after the races. More about that soon. Thank you, Halfmoon. We are very appreciative.
3. Big thanks to Savannah Canoe and Kayak for their continuing support. Nigel and Kristen have always been willing to help and we really appreciate it. This year, in addition to supplying boats for the Gold sponsor race, SCK will offer one of the grand prizes for that race, a guided kayak tour for up to 8 people! Thank you, Nigel and Kristen. This event would not be possible without core support from folks like you. Thanks for all you do for the kayaking community.
4. More thanks: Thank you very much to Mike Neal of Bull River Cruises. He offers the other possible grand prize of a two hour natural history trip for 10 plus people on his boat, Island Explorer. Mike is also a long time supporter of the Marine Science Center and the kayak races. Thank you so much for the continuing, very generous support.
5. Returning this year, is the class of CASUAL PADDLER for the Tybee River Race. It's like the walkers in a running race. If you want to support the Science Center, but are not interested in the competition of the races, you are a perfect candidate to be a casual paddler. Casual paddlers paddle 2 miles instead of 6 1/2 in the River Race. Please consider joining us if the shoe (boat in this case) fits.
6. This year there will be a revised kayak classification system. We will adopt the system used by the Blackburn Challenge and the Charleston Patriot Challenge. More on that soon.
7. Please look for sponsor forms to be available soon along with the registration forms.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND YOUR PATIENCE. Paddle happy.